Saturday, March 27, 2010

Earth Day


Here's the layout for my class honoring the 40th anniversary of Earth Day on Aprill 22.  I am donating all my class fees to the Forest Stewardship Council.  The layout features all recycled or repurposed materials (with the exception of the little green ribbon!).  The paper is from Basic Grey's "Green at Heart" line which is made with FSC certified paper (meaning 85%+ of the content is from recycled components) and the ink used is soy-based, which uses fewer resources to make and is far more environmentally friendly than traditional petroleum-based ink.  Everything else is repurposed - an old drop cloth serves as the basis for the canvas flowers, old tee shirts are used for the colorful petals, and painted twigs serve as "prima-style" sprays. I'm charging a little more for this layout - $22, so that I can maximize the donation to the FSC.  The class is Tuesday April 20 from 6:00 - 8:30 at Scrapbooks-Plus in Chantilly, Virginia.  If you are interested in a kit and you are not in the area, you can call the store and order one.  The only additional cost will be shipping. The store's telephone number is 703-263-9503 if you want to sign up for this very cute, very earth-friendly, layout class/kit!!

2 comments:

Crystal Cook said...

What a beautiful layout! That is truly a work of art. I'm impressed :)

Susie Bentz: My Time to Play said...

Yea! I'm thinking I may be able to make this class! See you there!