Tuesday, December 30, 2008
Friday, December 26, 2008
Monday, December 22, 2008
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Tuesday, October 7, 2008
Sunday, October 5, 2008
Monday, September 22, 2008
Monday, September 1, 2008
Tuesday, August 19, 2008
Sunday, August 10, 2008
Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Monday, June 30, 2008
I couldn't resist using the Basic Grey Chipboard shape stickers of the giraffe to create this page. We were at Lion Country Safari in West Palm Beach over Christmas. Nicky had just finished his chicken nuggets with ketchup when we went to feed the giraffes. He had just a little bit of the ketchup left on his face. I guess the giraffe likes ketchup a whole lot more than the wafers, so it gave Nicky a big lick. I just happened to get the photo (albeit a little out of focus) but good enough!
All the product (except the journaling box) is Basic Grey's Sugared line. Hard to believe with all those pinks and pastels in that line, I could create such an earthy layout.
Monday, June 23, 2008
Wednesday, June 4, 2008
1 –12x12 sheet Striped paper
2 different coordinating patterned papers
(one light background, one darker background)
1 sheet coordinating cardstock (8.5 x 11 is fine)
one 6 ½” x 6 ½” photo
three 2 ¼" supporting photos
two medium sized embellishments (flowers, cut design from patterned paper, etc.)
a few buttons, coordinating ribbon (optional)
Striped paper 5”x12”
Darker background patterned paper 6 ½” diameter circle
Card stock 2 ½” x 9”
1. Use the lighter patterned paper as the background.
2. Adhere the Striped paper 1 ½ “ from the top.
3. Adhere ribbon across the top seam to cover the joint between the papers.
4. Next adhere the circle ½” from the bottom and from the left side.
5. Adhere large photo 2” from the bottom and 1 5/16” from the right side of the background paper.
6. Adhere the cardstock strip flush with the top of the background paper and 1 5/16” from left side of the background paper over lapping onto the large photo.
7. Adhere your small photos with an 1/8” from the top, sides and bottom. You’ll need to leave the space between the first and second photo for the embellishment. (Note, I stitched down the left edge of the photo strip. You can leave it plain, add a different ribbon piece, rub-on stitching, etc. - If your embellishments are busy, leave it bare)
8. Add your embellishments, a little ribbon at the bottom of the photo, a few buttons, title and journaling and you’re done!
Saturday, May 31, 2008
1 sheet of 12x12 Dk Brown Cardstock
1 sheet each of SEI’s Madera Island 12x12
- Arboles Flocked, Corteza, Cebollas
SEI Madera Island Iron-ons
SEI die cut tags
One sheet 8 ½”x 11 of vellum
6 inches of brown or white ribbon
A favorite photo measuring 5.75”x7.25”
Cut Flocked paper 7”x 11.5”. Tear the short bottom edge at a 30° angle.
Cut Corteza 6”x11”. Cut vertical strip from Iron-on package. Measure in 2” and iron the decal onto to the Corteza per the package instructions.
Cut 2 strips from Cebollas, one strip 1”x 8.25”, the other 1”x 8”. Layer the brown side of Cebollas over the orange side with the orange piece skewed from the brown strip’s edge by ¼ inch. (Note: If your photo contains a prominent accent color, like my photo of my son with his purple leis, you can use ANY cardstock color to pull that color out of your photos as an accent. Because of the neutral color scheme of the Madera Island line of papers, you can accent with nearly any color – green, pink, yellow and even hot fuchsia purple! See my sample at ScrapbooksPlus as another example. Simply make the 1” x 8.25” strip and the photo corner – see instructions below – out of the coordinating cardstock)
Cut a third portion of Cebollas 1.5”x 3” for a photo corner. From the center fold the corners to the long edge making a triangle that will form a photo corner.
Tear vellum 3”x 9.5”.
Using the Dark Brown Cardstock as your background, adhere Flocked first, then overlap Corteza with equal distance on top and bottom margins. Adhere vellum no more than ½ inch to the right of the iron-on embellishment. Place photo corner on the right lower corner of photo. Adhere photo 3 1/16” from the right edge of the Flocked paper. Adhere strips of Cebollas to the top. Tie ribbons on tags. Add tag, title, and journaling and you’re done.
Tuesday, May 20, 2008
Monday, May 12, 2008
Wednesday, May 7, 2008
Monday, May 5, 2008
Tuesday, April 8, 2008
Monday, April 7, 2008
I've been recently challenged by the design team leader to step outside my comfort zone of Basic Grey and boy themed layouts to the new My Mind's Eye 29th Street Market line of pretty pinks and pastels. Check-out my sneak-peek layout at the Design Team Blogspot.
So here's to happy blogging and a whole new way to use the internet!