Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Make and Take from National Scrapbook Day at Scrapbooks-Plus


To celebrate National Scrapbook Day, I developed a make-and-take demonstration for Scrapbooks-Plus on Saturday May 3. As part of that demonstration, I showed participants how the make-and-take, a cute vintage photo frame using Melissa Frances papers, could be used in a single page layout. To replicate this layout, you'll need to select two patterned papers from the newest Melissa Frances line. I suggest "Celsey" as the background. Depending on which make-and-take kit you chose, you will want to use a different pattern for the 5"x12" torn strip. My make-and-take frame was from"Peaceful" so I used "Isabel" for my strip. I used torn blue and white vellum for the journaling and title blocks and the tag with a little extra blue ribbon for the bottom embellishment. The white vintage frames are also from Melissa Frances. The brads used on the tag and as the photo hanger are from Anna Griffin. All of the product used in this layout can be purchased (and if sold out by the time you get there, can be special ordered) at Scrapbooks-Plus.

No comments: