Saturday, January 23, 2010

Looking to February

Have you just ever had enough of a month?  January has seemed to drag on FOREVER! It's been cold, gray, and seemingly endless!  So I'm declaring February to begin...and what better way than to scrap a few Valentine-themed pages.  For some reason, I have been into single page layouts recently - unlike me completely but I'll take creativity wherever I can find it.  This is a photo that my 10 year old took of my husband and I at brunch on the Sunday after Christmas.  We went to this lovely little restaurant in Middleburg, the French Hound, and had a delightful meal of escargot, pate' and of course - french fries - for the boys! Lots of photos were taken that day, but this is my favorite.
The paper is from Bo Bunny's newest Valentine line - Love Bandit. The flowers are Ashland's "Fun with Flowers".  I bought four-pack of roses and tore one apart and took out the plastic that makes them stand up so they would lie flat on my layout.  I bought this cute heart pick at Michael's in the floral section. I'm sure they weren't meant for scrapbooking. But it works!

I'd love to do more layouts this afternoon, but I have to teach a Basic Grey class this afternoon.  So I'm off to the gym, off to class and then out to dinner with friends for the evening.  But there's always tomorrow!


No comments: