Saturday, July 4, 2009

Celebrating our Nation's Birthday


We just got back from the Leesburg Independence Day parade - and what a nice parade it was. The weather was perfect - sunny with a cool breeze and absolutely no humidity - a rare thing in July in Virginia! The boys had a great time and I even managed a few smiles out of my husband! (And don't you just love that tiara!!)

I downloaded my pictures already so I can start on a July 4 layout - although it will have to wait 'til tomorrow since we are soon heading to my mother's house in Lucketts for a picnic and fireworks with my family.


I bought these really cool buttons from Rusty Pickle at Scrapbooks-Plus last weekend and couldn't wait to use them. My friend Debbie, who owns Scrapbooks-Plus, and I cropped all day last Saturday and I had the perfect layout in mind. I was so inspired by Melissa Frances (I took two of her classes at GASC last week), I used her patriotic line to make this subdued Memorial Day layout.

I'm kind of wishing now I had used this paper for today's parade, but I bought a bunch of Rusty Pickle's Rockin' America paper that I can improvise with. Got to run - I think my boys found the fireworks and I need to make sure they don't blow themselves up!

Have a great 4th!!





No comments: