Friday, January 30, 2009

January Design Team Work - My Mind's Eye

This month's Scrapbooks-Plus Design Team kit created by Suzy Bentz was filled with glittery goodies that got us off to a sparkling start for the new year. The kit featured My Mind's Eye Laundry Line collection - glittery papers, rub ons, journalling cards, and a cool clear stamp. For my one-page layout, I created a photo collage of flamingoes - pictures I had taken last year on New Year's Day at West Palm Beach. Sort a whimsical layout with the journaling around the field of patterned glittered paper.

For my project, I scraplifted an idea from Carol Wingert used in one of her recent Creatologie Kits- repurposing a hard back novel. Hope she doesn't mind! I love her project of the month kits and have bought several recently (now if I could only find the time to finish them all!)


Since I use a lot of circle frames in my scrapbooks and received a bunch of Martha Stewart glitter in my stocking this Christmas, I couldn't wait to create a glittery frame for my two page layout submission. The full layout is featured on the Scrapbooks-Plus Design Team blog.
We have a break from DT for the month of February - maybe I can get caught up on some other projects I've been putting off!



No comments: